Wednesday, 9 July 2008
9th July 1979
Sam's 19th Birthday (Happy Birthday Sam)
Got up at 9.00 Sam loved his presents
Went to the Woolpack all lunchtime
We were the only one's in there
Went to Gayton
Sam = pissed 11 pints & 5 -6 Bacardis (ermmm!not surprised he was 'pissed')
Fi was with Dave (??)
As I have posted earlier I was making him a jacket ... so that must have gone down well with the tie pin I had bought him.
In the white space at the front of the diary is a list .. titled 'Pos B'day pressies for Sam'
Channel for gents - £5.00 (Channel £5.00??? never????)
Shirt - £10.00
Necklace - £8.00
Leather tie or such - £2.00
Tie pin - £2.50
Nylon holdall thingy - £5.00
Whether I bought all the other things I have no idea ??
As the day was a boozy day back then in 1979 and probably for Sam today too...
some difficult words to say when under the influence.
Some very difficult words when drunk (& sober lol)
3. Passive-aggressive disorder
& some pretty near impossible ones
1. No thanks, I'm married.
2. Nope, no more booze for me!
3. Sorry, but you're not really my type.
4. Kebab? No thanks, I'm not hungry.
5. Good evening, officer. Isn't it lovely out tonight?
6. Oh, I couldn't! No one wants to hear me sing karaoke.
7. I'm not interested in fighting you.
8. Thank you, but I won't make any attempt to dance, I have no
coordination. I'd hate to look like a fool!
9. Where is the nearest bathroom? I refuse to pee on the side of the
10. I must be going home now, as I have to work in the morning.
11. Thank you Mr. Taxi Driver, that was a very reasonable price.
A little game for a Wednesday night .. Get the drunk home. Click start on his board and keep the left part of your mouse down and guide him down... 42 meters for 70s :-)