Friday 23 January 2009

23rd January 1980

Wednesday 23
Got up at 9.00
Got a Sheaffer pen off Sam's Grandmother
A boxed Key off my cousins in London
a card off Bev
Went to Tech at 11.00
Couldn't find Ann B so went to Liverpool on me tod (translated 'alone')
Bought a coat for £39.99 from Topshop (That was one helluvan expensive coat ??)
It's sort of camel colour (can't think what it was like at all?? It was probably hideous!!)
Met Sam at Lime Street at 6.30
Went to the Snooty Fox with my brother, Sam , Fi, Andy and Rob E.
Home at 11.20
*******************************************
I have been off work today and have spent most of the day cleaning... what a waste of a days annual leave ,,, hey ho

Just waiting for Annie Mouse to arrive and I am taking Teen to a sleep over.
Not seen Annie properly to have a good old gab to since before Christmas .... so it is pyjamas, pizza, chick flick and chocolate.... oh did I mention wine ???

When I was doing the 70s my niece bought some 80s knitting patterns for me which I did pop up on here ... I thought it would be 'nice' to see them again all together and realise that the 80s was a bit of a strange fashion decade

6 comments:

Daddy Papersurfer said...

If there is a power that be's please save me from knitting patterns, particularly in bulk. I promise I'll cut the grass, do the washing up and light a bonfire to your glorification [made up of knitting patterns obviously]. This I beseech you DP.

Daddy Papersurfer said...

You and Jacks drinking together without the teen keeping an eye on you? ...... oh dear.

70steen said...

hee hee DP that is one helluva promise lol ;-)

70steen said...

I think teen was grateful not to be here lol

MedStudentWife said...

Go on, go on, go on.. more knitting patterns please !!! I do luve seeing DP's knitted knickers in a twist *grin*

PS- yup, the 80s was a strange fashion era... and I fell right into it.. clothes, haircuts, jewelery et al.

70steen said...

Just for you MSW I will start scanning some in hee hee ....

Yep growing up you just follow the trends no matter how bad it made us look lol ;-)