Friday 31 August 2007

February 1977

Well it is time for the first half year report

I had now taken my options but unfortunately French was compulsory so I was stuck with the 'could do better' comments.

English (A/1) ~70s is making excellent progress and should do well (hey with an A/1 I should do)

Mathematics (B- /2)
~70s has worked steadily and her progress is quite satisfactory

French (here we go) (C/3) ~ On the whole 70s has a reasonable grasp of this subject and is beginning to take a more active part in class. However (there is always an 'however') there are some weaknesses of vocabulary and grammar that could be eliminated with more of a determined effort. (now this teacher was so strict, she was way scary. Her thing was pronunciation and diction and she would have us practicing repeatedly with our faces contorted like gargoyles)

German (B/2) ~ Exam 65% a pleasing result. 70s has worked very steadily over the half year and has produced some good results. She shows plenty of perseverance with difficulties (so the French and German teachers obviously never compared notes in the staff room.... maybe there was a language barrier)

Geography (B/2) ~ 58%.
A very good result. 70s has worked well through out the term.

Biology (B/2) ~ 70s continues to work well in this subject (a man of few words)

Art (B+/1) A for course work ~
A very capable pupil. 70s can always be relied upon to work to the best of her abilities. I hope she maintains her efforts in the future (thank you sir of course I will)

P.E. (A/1) ~
70s is a hard working all round sports person who continues to work well in all aspects. She is conscientious and has a sensible, mature attitude (na na nee na na ).
Captain of school netball team. (this was a temporary return to sport... but unfortunately it was short lived)

Form Tutor ~
A good report. I hope 70s maintains her improvement

Head of Upper School ~ A most encouraging report - well done 70s (you only got comments by the Head if you had a good report ... smiling )



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

'A very capable pupil'? - singular?
What was wrong with the other eye?

70steen said...

It's wooden like your leg!!!

sylvie d said...

everywhere I go I fnd you two bickering...pathetic!
weakness in french?...we can't have ca!

70steen said...

Il me suit partout.Il est comme un chiot.
Mon Français s'est amélioré.

Ok I cheated ..... but I can speak French a little still :-)

Anonymous said...

What's wrong with bickering? Bloody frogs.
[I hope she doesn't come back for a look ........ eeek ....... 70's made me say it]

70steen said...

Oh you are in so much trouble young man ... not only with me but just wait until I tell tale to Sylvie

sylvie d said...

go to sleep DP!