Saturday 11 August 2007

Diaryless 1976

I know it must be lurking somewhere in the deep and darkest parts of my lost loft space... but it is a part of my house I fear to tread. Not only is it like junk shop (tailors dummy, pram, Xmas decs, child's creations and toys) it is also home just now to a million wasps. If I do eventually find it I will vet and publish at some later juncture.

I have bits and bobs in a scrap book and through memories I will try to compliment this year (oh there is one entry in the 'master' diary which I will come to).

I am now in the 3rd Year and I guess I have all the full angst's a teenager has at that time. No longer the 'babies' of the school but 'mid way' time to choose options and start planning for G.C.S.E.'s and C.S.E.s, having to make decisions.

My Mum never really got involved in my schooling to any great degree, she was too busy working full time, keeping us all fed and watered and maintaining a home life as stable as possible against the kick back of 2 teenagers (my eldest brother had left home of course by then). So pretty much I made my own choices as to what I would do at final exam time.

I remained in the top set through out my schooling (goodness knows how) and although there were no SATs then there was a huge emphasis on results and we were pushed to succeed.

So the first thing I have for this year is the bi annual school report

March 1976

Form Tutor ~
70s has worked well this term. She must try to improve the standard of her French (they are obsessed with my standard of French 'Sont ils pas')

English ~ (B/2) 10th for class and homework, Exam 12th. 70s is beginning to produce better written work and can only improve if she maintains her present excellent attitude (now my English teacher this year was the Head Master.... of course I was going to have an excellent attitude)


Mathematics ~ (B/2)
Exam 12th 70s continues to work well and is making progress (I know I was sinking though)

Physics ~ (B/2)
Exam 10th This mark represents a very satisfactory rate of progress which has resulted from a conscientious application to work
(this was the 'eye candy' teacher of course I was conscientious... seems to be a pattern of being 10th, there were about 30 in my class so not bad I suppose)


Chemistry (B+/1)
Test 70% Joint 1st. 70s has tried hard in class. A very pleasing result (you are telling me it is pleasing... but I fear the result was not without the aid of a pencil case ... if you get my drift???)

French ~ (oh here we go!!!) (C/3)
Exam 55% 16th/30 Only fair, 70s has not been working to the standard of which she is capable. More effort needed (Je vraiment ai aimé le français aussi)

History ~ (C/2)
Test 24/50 21st in class (oops) This result is not really good enough. 70s can do much better if she revises her work. (and they were worried about my French .... but good point Pop P)

Geography ~ (A/1) 7
0s was absent for her examination but her grades are based on her term's work which has been at a consistently high standard (should have pulled that stunt on the other subjects too lol)

Art & Design ~ (A/1) 70s continues to produce impressive work here. She is imaginative, conscientious and perceptive in her efforts. Good prospects for G.C.E group next year (thank you)

Home Economics ~ (B+/2) Exam 64% 3rd in class.70s has worked competently all year (good god woman didn't you realise I really wanted to do TD or woodwork..... not cooking! but 3rd ain't bad though)

R.E ~ (B/2)
Exam 65% 70s works with interest and is making good progress

Music ~ (B/2) Exam 54% 11th/31. 70s has let her efforts slip lately
(& I know why! I wanted to play the drums but couldn't get the rhythm right so because I was tall for my age they wanted me to learn the cello... I remember distinctly thinking there is no way I am sitting with my legs wide open playing an instrument in front of everyone... strange how a teen mind works lol !!)

Biology ~(B/1)
Absent for exam. 70s has worked with interest and is making good progress in this subject (this was the time we cut up cows eyes loved it then would shudder now!)

German ~ (A/2) 10th/27. 70s is working very well and I am pleased with her progress (
Danke. Kannst du mit dem französischen Lehrer sprechen?)


P.E ~
excused

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not bad - considering.......

70steen said...

I'll take that as a compliment then .......??

Anonymous said...

If you must ............

70steen said...

..... well I might but there again......?