Monday 6 August 2007

1975 June

Mon 23rd June
Athletics Practice.
Had a bath (definitely a shift in personal hygiene....)

Tues 24th June
Had my hair cut in a page boy style. Washed hair.
(must have been a dry cut then.... all I can think of was I must have looked like the chap out of Sweet.. Brain Connolly... oh my!!)

Wed 25th June

Rounders Practice

Thurs 26th June

Art Club Athletics practice. Got my best speed in 100metres and hurdles

Fri 27th June
Went to the outdoor pool after school. (now this was such a joy . On the front at Southport there was an 'outdoor bathing lake' as it is now referred as. We would all hang out there every opportunity we got, in the middle was the 'boat' a bit of concrete that was the shape of a paddle boat painted blue. As you could only get to it if you could swim it was a bit of a thing to be seen there. Unfortunately it is now long gone and there is a Plaza complex built on the site. How short sited of Sefton Council with Global warming and a great nostagic place lost!!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it were a good day out that and you always came out sun burnt really badly.

in my mind i am there now