Saturday 9 May 2009

8th, 9th & 10th May

Sunday 8 1977
Went to Tiffany's
Bev was drunk ... she had been drinking 'Breakers'
Tried to sober her up
Phil Watton = minus moustache & beard = looks quite nice

Tiffany's was the nightclub that was at the end of the road where I lived. Quite handy really ... no taxi's required! It does amuse me that on a Sunday night it was under 18s disco but the bar was open patrolled by bouncers .. not a problem to determinded under 18s!!! A while ago one of the DJs left a comment on here (Eddie)

Saturday 8 1982

Went to see Spandau Ballet at the Empire = very good
Went to a 'gay party' afterwards = terrible
Gilles Viellneuve killed at Belgium

Spandau Ballet .. wtg I have been a fan for years ...Tony Hadley .. Corrrr!!


the 'gay' party was the doing of a mate of ours who was working as junior reporter at a Wirral newspapaer (mm I wonder if he knew Bill Blunt??)... he had an invite to a party so we all trolled along


Tuesday 9 1978
French Oral practice (need I say more tee hee)

Monday 10 1982
Start work
In S&R II = very boring
Sam came round

my oh my yes I did a temporary posting as a civil servant at the lowest grade possible. It really was boring beyond belief... filing cancer death cards in drawers how soul destrying was that .. I survived it by working with women who were probably the age I am now (who were great fun) and my transistor radio with an ear piece in (no ipods in them days!!).. it was a turning point as I knew I had to get more qualifications and not be a civil servant ever again .. I did that but life (recession) is cruel ... at least I am way higher up the ladder now .. the grade I am now back then was like god ..never seen and only a rumour... lol
*******************************

Went back home today to take my old mar shopping for paint for her lounge/diner.. I succeeded on the ceiling paint choice but the walls may take a while longer!!
Teen tells me that it had not rained at home today but on the NW coast of England there was storming gusts of wind and horizontal rain ... we got soaked!!
A busy old week ahead next week.. Hereford on Monday, Birmingham Tuesday (mm my NVQ 4 classroom event for which I have done nil work for !!) , Wednesday a mega meeting all day, Thursday having the troublesome tooth out .. then it is Friday and the weekend again yip yip yipeee.. thank goodness!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

you lead a busy life ;-)

Daddy Papersurfer said...

That looks like a very busy week ahead young 70's. Get into a state of 'karmic coma' Monday to Friday and the time will fly ..... it'll be the weekend before you know it - blimey *looks amazed* - it's Sunday already!!!!

70steen said...

NM ~ yes indeed a busy week as ever ... hey hum it keeps me out of mischief lol :-D

70steen said...

DP ~ I know where did the weekend go to again ??? :-(

Daddy Papersurfer said...

Just think of your pay packet ......

Somnambulist said...

Just a small personal tanget, since you mentioned a Wirral newspaper...

My ex-wife comes from the Wirral, and my term of affection for her was 'Posh Scouse'. Maybe that's why... never mind.

70steen said...

Somn ~ yes Wirralites do tend to think themselves a wee bit posh... a phrase my mother has been heard to utter when describing them is 'tuppence ha'penny toffs'... I do like 'Posh Scouse' though.... it is not as bad as Basil Fawlty's terms of endearment "my little nest of vipers","toxic midget" or "my little piranha fish" is it ?? lol ;-)

Daddy Papersurfer said...

DP Reminder - don't forget your mega meeting today.

70steen said...

hee hee DP ~ yet I have remembered to put on my bestest suit this morning .... maybe if I sent you a link to my electronic diary you could become my reminder function .... or would that add up to gainful employment???

Daddy Papersurfer said...

Only if I got paid ...... which, quite frankly, is highly unlikely ....

fracas said...

DP, being busy is nothing for 70steen, she's like Wonderwoman... only more attractive.

;-)

Now... shouldn't you get busy packing up those undercrackers to take them home instead of leaving them strewn all over the office? Sheesh... I go away for a bit and all frac breaks loose.

70steen said...

DP ~ ok we will strike a deal ... I will pay you double what you pay my for the Fanzine .... is that ok?? ;-)

70steen said...

aww thank you Dear Frac ... I must say that the all in one suit I have to wear with that tight belt can be a bit uncomfortable at times.. I have got used to the strange side ways glances I get in meetings though lol

Frac you know that you can't leave him to his own devices for long .. it's like having a puppy ;-)