Thursday 21 May 2009

20th & 21st May

Saturday 20 1977
FA Cup Final Liverpool v Manchester United
Liverpool lost 1-2 (poo!)
Bev finished with Dave
He owes me £6.50
Worked from 9.30 - 6.00
Really busy - it was a scorching day

Sunday 21 1977
Sunbathed in garden
Went to Tiffanys
Spoke to Dave he paid me back my money
He is depressed about Bev & he has smashed up his Dads E-Type

(yes it was pink! and the one shown above is a 1974 one up for sale at £49,995!! My word would he have been in trouble back then?)
*********************************

From the diary entries above in 1977 it would seem we were having a heat wave in May.
Today I had to go to Glasgow on business and the weather was glorious. I have been many times to the city and must say today was the most sunniest I have seen it .
I took my camera with me as I always do .. there are a few piccies taken from the train window travelling at high speed over at Twitpics. ( Thank you DP and John C for mentioning naked ladies in the comments it has sent the hits spiralling lol)

I didn't spot this building, my colleague did (I was trying to cross the road without being run over at the time) .. but what a superb building it is!
,


Built in 1938 as a hotel it is now apartments the architecture is awesome
It has been a long old day (up at 5 am) but it made a lovely change to travel North instead of South

oops almost forgot if you need a Kilt then thi
s is the place to go

10 comments:

Daddy Papersurfer said...

Blimey, that was a long day ..... you must be exhausted ...... still, I suppose you young things can cope .... de dum de dum de dum .....

Oooooo ....... I'm in need of a new kilt ...... do they do one with a built-in floating gusset?

Anonymous said...

that mannequin is wearing a mighty big sporran

HelpXtra said...

Sounds like a good trip. A mate of mine was working as a journalist in Irvine, they like a drink up there don't they?

Sorry about not answering comments at mine, having major probs.

Still loving your posts, need to see your photees from uuup noooorfff.

Got really good photos to show you at mine Sunday.

70steen said...

DP ~ och eye it was a wee bit lengthy ....

KILTS R Us ... shall I order you a full length version to cover your chicken legs??

70steen said...

NM~ I had a feeling you would spot that lol ;-)

70steen said...

GW ~ I love Scotland I may take a holiday up there next year.

No worries about posts, I know what you mean...blogger is being a bit naughty just now. I wonder why???

oooo can't wait to see your photees on Sunday :-D

HelpXtra said...

Back in 1972, I was living with my Aunt in Walton-0n-Thames. Me and my cousin were walking in town one night when his mate pulled up in his Jag E-Type and gave us a lift.

That thing was seriously fast! I always wanted one but could never afford it.

Just orf to look at Twitpics.

Daddy Papersurfer said...

As the year's go by, my legs get worserer and worserer - so, yes please, a floor length kilt would ease the pain of the world ... anything that isn't in tartan please ... tee hee

70steen said...

GW ~ YEAH I can comment on my blog tonight .... can't comment on yours but will try again later. I am using Google Chrome to see if it better than Firefox and so far so good!!!

E- Types are pretty cool ... I doubt I will ever be able to afford one either ...

70steen said...

DP ~ is there a Papersurfer clan tartan?

will this do it is plain http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/resources/2007/08/kilts.jpg