Saturday 22 September 2007

1978 February week 7

Sunday 12th Feb

Got up at 10.30.
Bev phoned.
I phoned Sam.
My brother took me down to Formby at 1.45 pm.
He had a look at Sam’s MG but the insurance was too much.

Watched football on the box.
Went for a walk from Formby to Freshfield = freezing temperature –5C. (No wonder the red squirrels hibernate)

Sam came round at 7.10 and stayed til 11 pm.
Watched ‘Mayor of Casterbridge’ ( I am sure to get my English Literature O’level at this rate)

Went to bed at 12.55 (12.55!!!!!!!oh yes it is ½ term)

Monday 13th Feb

Got up at 10.25.
Washed my hair & had a bath.
Had just started ironing when Sam turned up at 1.00
Went shopping at 2.25 pm.
Sam gave me my Valentine’s Card = dead sweet

Went round to his house at 6.50.
Walked round Formby.
Watched ‘Hazell’
Borrowed 3 L.P.s, Exodus & 2 David Cassidy (I can’t believe what I have just read … David Cassidy. Oh Donny please forgive me, I am so sorry I have been unfaithful)

Came home at 11.30 pm.
Mum in a real paddy (little wonder strolling in at 11.30)
Phoned ‘J’

Tuesday 14th Feb
Valentines Day

Got up at 9.25 am.
Did ironing (I reckon that is why Mum was in a paddy….. was supposed to this the day before)
Went into town on the 12 o’clock bus. Met Bev on the bus.
Met Sam, ‘J’ and Martin at 12.30 at the Monument.

We all trugged back to the Art College. Spent the whole afternoon there with Sam & ‘J’
Came home at 5.15 pm.
Sam came round at 7.10 pm.
He left at 11 o’clock to go to an all night drawing session (alright if you like that kind of thing) (actually it would be great fun)

Wednesday 15th Feb
Got up at 10.00 am.
Sam came round at 12.30
Went to his house for dinner.
Listened to the radio & some records
Came home at 5.00pm.
Went to the ‘Brick’ with Bev
Played pool with 3 of Sams mates. (one of which I later married ... but that is another tale)
Sam phoned when I was out. He phoned back at 10.30 pm. He is in a bit a bad mood!

Thursday 16th Feb
Got up at 10.25.
Washed my drainy cords.
Bev phoned.
Stayed in by myself this afternoon (that’ll be a first then)
Sam phoned twice. He apologized for being moody yesterday
Phoned Fi & Bev.
Met Sam at 6.40 went to Stans party = quite good
One of his mates fancies Bev but I am not going to do anything about it as I know what she is like (absolutely boy mad)

Friday 17th Feb

Got up at 11.30. Washed my hair.
Fi, Bev & Sam phoned.
Went to the ‘Brick’ at 2.00. Played pool (well what a surprise)
Phoned ‘J’ when I got home, she has a migraine
Went to the Art Centre at 8.00 pm then we (Sam, me, ‘J’, Bill, Paula, Denise, Sheena, Grace, Chris and Sue) (who are all these people??) went for a Chinese meal at the Cathay Gardens.
Cost me and Sam £3.31 each (wow bargain)

I had soup, barbequed spare ribs, rice, sweet & sour pork, chicken etc & toffee apples and bananas = dead nice (yuk they make me want to be sick theses days)
Sam wore his suit. He looked dead sexy (I must confess do I like a man in a suit!!!)

Saturday 18th Feb

John Travoltas Birthday


Work 10.00 – 5.00
Met Sam at Formby station at 6.45.
Went back to his house
Went to the Pinewoods pub then to a party in Freshfield
Had a sort of disagreement with Sam. He wouldn’t speak to me.
Me = upset. We’ve made up now thank god!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you watched "Mayor of Casterbridge" instead of reading the book?

I can remember when my younger son watched "To Kill a Mockingbird" on the eve of an exam rather than do the reading.

I spent the night researching DNA testing in case someone had switched babies with me in the hospital

Daddy Papersurfer said...

Serves you right - you're in trouble with Nursemyra now.
So you married someone and you can't remember his name? - too much time down at "The Brick".
[what a romantic sounding pub BTW]

70steen said...

Hi NM
I did read the book, we had to disect it chapter by chapter. I think there is mention of this later in the diary.
I suppose it gave your son the jist of the plot though...... lol

70steen said...

DP
Yes I do recall the name of the person I married but have been trying for 10 years to forget it :-P
Morning btw!