Monday 17 September 2007

1978 January week 2

Sunday 8th Jan
Got up at 11.00 am.
Did O’level Maths paper for tutor tomorrow also wrote an English essay.
Went to the Scarisbrick and met ‘J’.
Walked round Lord Street.
Got home at 11.15 pm

Monday 9th Jan
The start of another boring week.
Got Geography result 46% passed by 11% (scraped through in my book)
Went to maths tutor got 34% for Maths exam I did yesterday (Oh my in deep poop!)
Bev phoned
Sam phoned from Formby on his way to the Railway Pub.
He went to Liverpool today to do his A'level thesis. He also bought another pair of grey drainees.
Phoned ‘J’

Tuesday 10th Jan
School!!! Need I say more.
Bev phoned, she maybe getting a boutique (Bev’s parents were way rich, swimming pool in the back garden and all that!)
Sam phoned. I am going to meet him after school tomorrow.
Got a letter from Corinna. She is quite pretty (Corinna was a pen pal in Germany fixed up through school, I wonder where she is now??)
Did French homework.
Watched ‘Third Echo’ until 12.15 am (I have no hope have I??)

Wednesday 11th Jan
School (well of course)
There was a sponsored walk around the field to raise money for a mini bus (woh how exciting!!!!)
I made teas for the staff. Got home at 3.15 pm.
Went to see Sam at Art College.
Went to the El Cabala with him and ‘J’.
He phoned me about 8.15 pm.
Had a bath & hair wash.
Bev phoned. She is going to see a pantomime with Fi cos a lad from school she fancies is in it.

Thursday 12th Jan
Got English Literature result = 26% (GULP!!) (yes you may well gulp… that is dreadful)
Jackie reckons she’s got a rumbling appendix (rumbling hypochondria more like!)
The weather is absolutely freezing about –5C. Wore drainees for school.
Bev phoned. She was doing her Physics project (I bet she hadn’t rang me for help there)
‘J’ phoned.
Sam phoned at 10.15, am going to his house tomorrow at 6.40 pm

Friday 13th Jan (oh dear!!)
Nothing drastic happened today even though it was Friday 13th.
Bev phoned at 6.15 pm. ‘J’ phoned at 6.00 pm
Caught the 6.40 pm train to Sam’s house.
Went to the Railway to meet some of his mates.
Got 11.00pm train home
Watched ‘A Rough Night in Jericho’ = OK






Bed 12.30 am

Saturday 14th Jan
Got up at 11.45 am
Phoned ‘J’
Sam phoned
He came round at 11.15 pm. We went to S’port. Got a pair of ‘Granny’ shoes for £8.99 for my birthday.
Came home to see footy results.


Went to town at 8.00 pm.
Went to the ‘ELTONEL’ wine bar = very good (this was one of the best places to go, eat and chill out , now the Glasshouse)
Met ‘J’ and Martin.
Had 2 bottles of wine between us (bet it was Hock or Piesporter!)
Saw Bev in the ‘Brick’
Lift home in Martin’s car. (mmmm I hope he hadn’t been drinking???)




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

English Lit 26%? .... ummmmmmm
Drinking most nights? ...... ummmmmm
Is there a connection I wonder? ...... ummmmmm
Of course there b****y is!!!
Deputy head girl ...... pah!
What do you do now 70's? You're keeping it very hush hush.
Come on, spill the beans - I won't tell a soul. tee hee.

70steen said...

What are you doing up at this time? Shouldn't you be in bed with your cocoa?

Yes I think a 'bit off the rails' springs to mind.
As if I would tell anyone here what I do now for a job!!!!! Do you think I am mad? .... no don't answer that one!!

Anonymous said...

i had a pair of those shoes but in brown and sort of brogue patterning on them, i never wore them coz they hurt but still kept them.

Anonymous said...

Have found your blog really interesting. Week 2 Jan 1978. Sunday Jan 8th we all met up in the Railway to celebrate my 18th and went back to our house in Liverpool road to party. Bouncers on the door at Railway didnt want to let me in - Robinsons(landlord) - mates of parents - had to tell them I was 18 and vouch for me.

By the way I was later the DJ at Tiffanys with Phil Watton and others. Ran the Bali Hi and also did all the private functions as well as the Jazz Funk nights.
E

70steen said...

Hi E
Glad you like the blog.
Funnily enough I never had any trouble getting in the Railway... the only trouble was the teachers from my school drank there so had to be careful.

Bali H hee hee great nights. Tiffanys was so good. It is strange that you where there when maybe I was, you playing the music and me dancing lol ... do you have any photos of Tiffanys back then? If so I would love to see them :)