Wednesday 19 September 2007

1978 School Report

So I reckoned this report was ‘OK’ ?? Would love to had seen a bad one to compare!!

English Language – G.C.E. Continuous assessment

English Literature – G.C.E. 26% 70s must tackle this subject in far greater depth (the thing is I enjoyed the subject and I DID understand it)

Mathematics – C.S.E. 67% an encouraging result – well done.

Geography – G.C.E. 46% a good result 70s must now consolidate her efforts

Biology – G.C.E. a satisfactory result (bloody marvellous result if you ask me… must be all the practical)

French(gloom) 39% 70s must make a more determined effort (yak yak yak) although there is still a chance of success

German – C.S.E. 58% Like the curate’s egg - good in part (oh very funny) careful revision should ensure reasonable success

Art & Pottery – G.C.E V. Good. Has ability here (so where is the ‘A’ then?)

P.E. - Excused

Form tutor remarks- A good report (is she mad??) With attention to detail and thorough revision (not much hope on that front) 70s should do well (what no mention of French???)

Enclosed with the report we all got a letter from the Head Master. Now bearing in mind that we were the first year to complete full years 1 – 5 (as the school was only opened in 1973). So great things were hoped of us, I expect, as it would show how well the school had performed in those 5 years.

Now this letter I remember thinking… yes I have a Saturday job but I am doing ok. But isn’t hindsight a wonderful thing as I read my diaries I realize wow that is directed at me, I was one of those with attitude and sehr schlecht malaise (oops sorry APJ)

3 comments:

Daddy Papersurfer said...

Now that is a great letter - how did your parents react?
Ooooo ..... the pasta's done ..... might be back.

Daddy Papersurfer said...

Can't stop now ...... got to fit in a recording of 'Heroes' before recording something else.

70steen said...

I just love your domestic duties.... TG has you well trained

Whatever my mum said about it at the time (I can't recall) obviously made no difference as you will see as the year moves on :-)