Monday 10 September 2007

1977 July Report

This year has become somewhat out of sync …. Must get a diary to keep me in line!

So the second part of my 1977 school year report I have written on the front ‘This is my ACE report’ I must have been pleased when I got it !! (just a gentle reminder I was in the top class & big pressure to succeed)

Deputy Head ~ A good report at a crucial stage of her education. We hope 70steen will make every effort to uphold her good standard next year.

Form Tutor ~ A good report on the whole, with the exception of her English. (English!!!…. What happened to the slating off of my French speaking ability. I must surely be in trouble if I can’t even master my own language). 70steen must make a greater effort in this subject if she is to succeed next year.

English ~ (B/2) .. (wasn’t it an A/1 in February .. whoops!!) Exam – Lang 48%, Lit 48% (at least I was consistently bad!) 70steen’s marks do suggest that a thorough effort is going to be needed for success next year.

Mathematics~ (C/2) Exam 35% G.C.E 10th /30 in class. Term result 55%.
70steen is capable of good work and I am sure that she will cope with the C.S.E. (so obviously not good enough to take the G.C.E. then!!!)

French ~ (B/2) 54% 8th/28 in class
70steen usually works steadily and is beginning to take a more active part in class (yes she ground me down). However, (there is always an ‘however’ with this woman) she must work at acquiring a wider vocabulary and take more care over the checking of written material. (good advice for blog writing too lol)

German~ (B/2) Exam 59% 6th/20 in class.
A good result. 70steen makes a good effort on the whole and can be satisfied with her progress

Geography~ (A/1) Exam 75% 1st in class
An excellent result. 70steen has continued to produce work of the highest standard during the year (oh waytogo!!)

Biology ‘A set 1’~ (B/2) Exam 56% 7th/27 in class.
70steen continues to make good progress in this subject

Art ~ (A+/1) Research Project A.
70steen is not only an able pupil, but during the whole of this year she has worked consistently hard and produced a great deal of very pleasing work. Throughout the course she has done well with her sketchbooks (waytogo times 2…. This is what made this report ACE I feel)

P.E. ~ 70steen has not done enough physical activity this term on which to comment (yep the back injury reared its ugly head again) but she has been helpful doing administrative jobs etc for the department (I am pleased to see my time wasn’t wasted, running errands for the staff is obviously more important than putting me in extra lessons where I was failing!)

Whilst sorting out my Mum’s loft a few weeks ago I came across a box and it had a few of my school creations in art … I was laughing so much at what gave me an A+!!

gross yellow paper!!

Bit of a Goth stage??

Now I know I didn't do this in school, this was done at home. I had an idea to do a simple book for small children and illustrate it.. the piece is dated June 1977 (obviously didn't go out much in 1977)

Are you sitting comfortably? Then I will begin.

This is 'A STORY' about Anthony Ant

This is Anthony Ant do you like his hat?
One day Anthony goes to the Sweet Shop and there is something on the counter with his name on, can you guess what it is?

Yes that's right it is a Toffee

He leaves 2p and takes the toffee to his house in the tree.

Can you Open the door?


Lets see what is inside.

That night Anthony takes the toffee, carefully places it in a box and ties it up with a

Ribbon


Next morning he puts on his best hat as he has someone special to meet.

You.

(I don't think her arms are long enough to carry it !!............ yes ok time for my medication and bed lol )


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How come JK Rowling had so much success and this didn't become a hit? Life is so unfair.
Fairly recently, I unearthed stuff from school and college - I went down the 'let's have a great big bonfire' route - oh well.

70steen said...

yep isn't it just ... has nothing to do with the fact it is crap

I guess moving into gated quarters makes you ditch stuff. I think I am going to have to build a bonfire, now I have seen them again ... may scan some stuff for a rainy day giggle to myself though

(new mantra.....I must not hoard, I must get rid!!)

Anonymous said...

Excellent mantra .......... at your age

70steen said...

have got lots of mantras... wanna hear some?

Anonymous said...

Not really