Wednesday 6 June 2007

Summer of '74 ~ week four day 4


Tuesday 20th August


Got up a 9.15 am. Mum stayed off work as she was going to the doctors.

Had dinner Jackie and her sisters came round. We played in the garden for a whlile.

We went out and were playing hide and seek on the sandhills near 'Witches Path' & 'Witches Den'.

Me and Jackie saw Brian (swoon swoon). We shouted 'Bri, hey Bri'. He was about 70 yards away.

He was with that lad and girl again.


Jackie went home


Si H delivered our newspaper again.


Walked round the village with Kate. saw Pat H, Si H, Yos & Cobra. Cobra asked me (I ask you!) to go out with him. Oh NO! Bloody Cheek (he was obviously not on my top 10 list!!)


eeeek there is a beetle in my room HELP!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi im not sure how to get hold of you but.... i think i guessed you were a part of Daventry back in the day and would like to tell you about a new Daventry community forum in the hope you could tell some old stories maybe post some old pics if you have any and just share your thoughts

www.daventryvoice.co.uk

70steen said...

Hi Anon
I would love to share some memories and stories about Daventry but alas I was only a visitor there. I had friends at Nene College and they in turn had friends there so we would visit them. I do recall (in the dim and distant past) it being a nice, comfortable, friendly place to 'hang out' other than that I can't recall any meaningful stories. Good look with your Daventry forum site :-)